Our one-of-a-kind program provides students with opportunities to explore various career paths within the fields of STEM at the intersection of tech, sports. Through a unique project-based training experience, students gain evaluative, problem-solving skills. Using SportsCode software, we provide a platform that engages students' critical thinking and analytic skills. Students get to work with cutting-edge, industry-leading technology in the sports they are passionate about.
Our 14-week apprenticeship program is divided into two phases:
Students learn the basic properties of the SportsCode software, while simultaneously learning about various aspects of problem solving, logic, math, and basketball strategy. Additionally, there will be opportunities for meaningful collaboration and exploration, as this is a project-based training, which includes offsite days where students connect with professionals in the industry.
Students build upon their competencies, diving deeper into the nuances of the software to create a more efficient work flow and maximize the platform’s key features. Students are exposed to light coding, called scripting in the SportsCode context, allowing them to truly customize the way they retrieve data. Additionally, students prepare for a formal industry certification exam to be taken upon completion of the program.
SportsCode is a video-analysis software which allows users to capture video, code live and create reports and analytics using fully-customizable tools. SportsCode by Hudl is the industry standard in performance analysis software, with users across the world including 29/30 NBA teams, 11/12 WNBA teams, 85% of NCAA Division 1 programs, 100% of English Premier teams and it dominates sports like Rugby and Field Hockey.
- Develop a skill set to plug into an ecosystem of technology and innovation
- Add immediate value to a team, organization or company
- Build a professional network
- College access; work-study
- Industry certification
- Increased interest in the STEM related career fields
STUDENTS INTERESTED IN JOINING
- An interest sports & technology
- 2.8 GPA or higher
- Basic basketball knowledge
March 12 - June 11, 2019 (Spring 2019 Program)
Every Tuesday, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Applications are due by Sunday, February 17, 2019
- Student interviews will be held the week of February 25, 2019
- Students selected will have an orientation on Tuesday, March 5 2019
- Program begins March 12, 2019
TEAM Inc. Office
305 Washington Street, Suite 104
Oakland, CA 94607